Friday, August 12, 2011

I got it! My first sale

Yes! It's official, I've found out this morning that I have had my first sale! It's to a chap in Canada who is also writing his own children's novel and who's given me a couple of interesting ideas for getting the book read by people and reviewed. I enclose the evidence below from Amazon.co.uk:
By the time you read this, my "bestsellers" rank will inevitably have sunk unless someone else has come along and bought it, but for now, I am into the top 11,000! I am very pleased that my first buyer should be someone who supported my early efforts to sell in magazine format on eBay.

Of course, you may be reading this and thinking, that it's pretty bad having only sold one book three weeks after publishing it. To that I would point out that the likes of John Locke had pretty poor sales at the start too. The first thing any unknown author needs to know loud and clear about succeeding, is that it is incredibly hard. The trick is not to give up - at least to give it a good go.

As I said in an early post, I am not that bothered whether I make it as a novelist, but I will be very bothered if I go through life feeling that I never tried. Now, I have a question for you: who is going to be my SECOND customer?

No comments:

Post a Comment