Saturday, August 06, 2011

Abersoch's top website to give my book a mention next week

Good news - Abersoch's top website, www.abersoch.co.uk, is going to give Smugglers At Whistling Sands a mention next week in its news section. I think that will really help get the word out in the Abersoch area about my book. You only have to Google the word Abersoch and out of more than a million entries, abersoch.co.uk is the one that comes up in pole position.

I think the starting point for selling this book has to be places like Abersoch, Aberdaron and the Llyn peninsula as a whole. It could appeal to children anywhere in the world who like this type of adventure story, but it's got most chance among the thousands of holidaymakers who flock to this area every year. If I can get them on board, maybe word of mouth can help push my fortunes out to wider frontiers.

What I could really do with doing is to spend the next month solidly pushing it and marketing it - and making a start on book 2 of course. Sadly however, such an approach is the preserve of full-time novelists, not new wannabes like me. On Monday after a two-week break, I must return to my occupation: that of being a journalist on a regional newspaper. It's still writing and writing is what I enjoy, but I would love to make it as a novelist as well as a hack!

No comments:

Post a Comment