Tuesday, May 15, 2012

More excellent reviews and regular, if modest, sales

Apologies for not blogging for a while, I have been pulled in quite a few different directions of late. I am also making progress working out a plot for a sequel to Smugglers at Whistling Sands and two other books - psychological thrillers aimed more at adults.

My sales are running at around and about five a week at the moment at a price of £1.95 on Amazon.co.uk and a broadly equivalent price of $3.15 on Amazon.com. I got my first sale for May on Amazon.com the other day and I really hope it won't be the last!

What is bucking me up perhaps more than sales is positive feedback at the moment. I have had two more 5-star reviews on Amazon.co.uk and, lo and behold, a second review, also 5-star on Amazon.com - possibly arising from my firee promotion day which I held on Sunday. I've also had a couple more nice comments on a forum thread about me and my book on the Enid Blyton Society website. And, not to be ignored, is the fact that other people have ticked the box to say these new reviews were "helpful".

It's all good and I am beginning to think there might be a chance of slowly building momentum for my book, and a definite market for a sequel. I thnk, despite my interest in other genres and aiming books more towards adults, children's novels of a Blytonesque type are more where my heart is - especially if there is any groundswell of encouragement from readers.

My free day went ok - 182 downloads, 93 from UK, 88 from US and, "uno" from Spain (of all places). I think that adds up to 182. I'm hoping that will give me a sales boost in the days ahead.

It ain't all about selling though, I really am finding that writing novels is proving an enjoyable hobby - although I'm not sure my wife and kids always agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment